Email resume AND cover letter addressing your teaching or tutoring experience, the specific grades and subjects you are capable of tutoring, and current availability to
Super STARS Academic Services is seeking friendly and professional educators to help Staten Island students shine their brightest! Our Personal Academic Tutors provide individualized, goal-oriented tutoring in students’ homes to promote growth and skills development. Tutors enjoy flexibility both in scheduling – being paired with clients who suit their availability and expertise – and in teaching – being provided with access to a variety of materials from which to develop lessons and activities that meet their students’ needs and interests.
Many Super STARS clients are long-term, and value ongoing emphasis on personal progress. Tutors weekly hours typically range from 4 to 15, depending on tutor and family availability, with consistent work available through the academic year.
Additional responsibilities of Personal Academic Tutors include the submission of weekly timesheets, attending bi-weekly meetings with supervisor, and maintaining frequent professional communication with both clients and supervisor.
Personal Academic Tutors are hired as Independent Contractors on an initial short-term contract with the opportunity for long-term renewal following a 3-month review.
- Arrive on time to each session.
- Make all necessary preparations prior to each session.
- Adapt lessons to fit the needs of each student.
- Build positive rapport with students and parents.
- Maintain a professional and friendly demeanor with all parents.
- Provide feedback on students’ progress to parents and supervisor.
- Respond to phone calls, texts, or emails from clients and staff.
- Strong communication skills
- College degree
- Minimum 1 year experience (in tutoring, teaching, or related work)
- Minimum of 6 hours of weekly availability (spanning weekday afternoons, weekday evenings, and/or weekends)
- NYS Teaching Certification preferred
- NYC Substitute Teacher or Paraprofessional Certification preferred